Tuesday, January 27, 2015

my last post. sayonara mission blog...hello life as an RM!

Hello (: 

It's so crazy that the time is finally here! I honestly don't feel like I'm going home yet. I feel like this week will go about like normal, and I will continue to be a missionary. It hasn't hit my yet, that my mission is ending. I'm sure it will hit me on the plane though (: or hugging all you guys... Either way it will hit me some time, right? This week was really good! We kept ourselves busy, as usual. We had a lot of good success, and a lot of good lessons! For now, we have Pday, then we have our transfer meeting tomorrow morning, then we have the rest of Tuesday, then we fly out Wednesday morning. I'm not sure what we will be doing all Tuesday, but I guess I will find out! And I'll tell you all about it in a couple days (: I still can't believe I'm going home this week. 

The area is doing fantastic. Paige is doing awesome. She came to church and she said that she learned a lot! We couldn't even sit by her in sacrament meeting because she was surrounded by members. This ward is awesome at that! Jesse also came to church. He only stayed for sacrament meeting, but he was there which was great. Elder Moser, Elder Walker, Elder Driggs and I all went and saw Dee so Elder Moser and I could say good bye to her. It was a great time! Just being able to reflect on her conversion experience. She cried when we left though. ): That was hard to see! But it is good to know that I will see them in a couple weeks! We've got a pretty good schedule worked out of what we will do when Elder Moser and I come back in a couple weeks. It'll be a lot of fun! 

I reflected a lot this week on what I have learned throughout my mission (which is a lot of what my talk will be about). I think the biggest thing that I have learned, or gained, from my mission is to truly love Heavenly Father and Desire to please Him at all times. That has shaped my life, and will direct me in the way I need to go in my life. I'm so grateful for my mission. It truly has been such a blessing to me. I can't thank my Heavenly Father enough for this opportunity to represent His perfect son in His work, especially in this special time of it's hastening. I know that Christ lives and that He is my Savior. I love the Lord, and I love helping Him in His causes! It's such a privilege and honor. My mission truly has not been a sacrifice, because I have received much, much more than what I gave. 

For service this week, we got to go to a care center and sing for the elderly people. That was so much fun! Our district sounds really good together. We all sing at least decently well, and we all harmonize with each other! It was a great time (: 

Well... I guess I'll see you soon? Ha it's crazy that this is my last email. Thank you, always, for your love and support! Have a great couple days til I see you! Love and miss ya (: 

Love,
Elder Teeples! 
This is a picture of Elder Driggs, Paige, and I. Paige will be baptized on the 14th of Feb!


This is our final picture with Dee and Shane. Elder Moser and I (and our companions of course) went over last night to say goodbye ): at least for a couple weeks.    P.S. in the picture we were in the home of Ken Daurio, one of the co-screenwriters of Despicable Me (: Pretty sweet. I've got a signed copy of Despicable Me by him and his partner.


We were out exploring the outskirts of our area, trying to find a community that maybe doesn't get missionaries going through it.... ever. And this is where we ended up at one point (: on top of the world! 







No comments:

Post a Comment