Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I get to go to the temple and Leroy is getting baptized!

Hello!
 
My birthday was great! I got a surprise birthday cake from my ward! It was good (: I dont' have my camera this week... but I will send pictures next week! And thanks so much for the birthday money! (: I got the package right on my birthday, which was good! Thank you again so much!!! I will be sending a letter home soon (:
 
I actually spoke this past week during church (: I got asked to speak the day before! It was about blessings from being obedient. And I kind of talked a little about having faith through trials as well. It went pretty good (: That is so crazy that Bradon gets home next month! Time went by so fast.... nuts.
 
Zone conference was so great!!!! It's so amazing being able to hear from the mission pres! he is great. I'll write a little more next week (due to my lack of time this week), but the main thing I learned was to conduct myself in a way that others will be able to recognize us as true representatives of Jesus Christ. Also we read over Alma 37:35-37. We talked about lying down unto the Lord, and how at night, when we pray, that after we get off our knees our prayer shouldn't end. We should keep talking to the Lord and keep our minds focused on him and if we do,"He will watch over us in our sleep."
 
We are going to the temple tomorrow for my birthday! The LA temple is the largest temple in the world other than the Salt Lake temple (: I'm so excited! It will be such a great experience! I'm stoked! 
I actually have a car in this area (: (Thank goodness...) So it's good. We usually drive like 20-30 miles a day. It is really awesome (: I love the people here! All the members are great, even the ones who are less active! We have been seeing the Stapp family recently. They are so awesome! The daughter, Hayley, made me banana cupcakes for my birthday (: They were sooooooooo good! She makes the best cupcakes ever!!! (Next to you of course ;) )
 
We went on exchanges with our Zone Leaders this past week. It was such an amazing experience!!!! I heard from my leaders that Leroy is getting baptized this Saturday! and that Jeaninne got married and baptized! I'm so happy for both of them (: I wish I could be there, but I am just glad I got to see that change happen in their life when the Gospel and the spirit touched their hearts. such an amazing experience!
 
I am just about out of time.... But I will give an update on our investigators next week. Thank you soooooooo much for the package and for everything you do (: The love and support I receive from you and the family is what gets me through!! I have almost been out for 6 months... that's crazy! Time is going by so fast. Hope to hear from you soon and I will email next week (: Love and miss you! You are always in my prayers!
 
Love,
Elder Teeples

No comments:

Post a Comment