Monday, January 6, 2014

The Lord giveth.....and....the Lord Taketh Away.....then.....He Giveth...again. But not quite as giving as the first time :)

Hello! (: 

First off... Happy new year!!!! and Happy birthday mom! :D 

Well, I am super super super short on time today!!! AHHH!

I got an email today from Marie. She is engaged! I always knew this day would come sooner or later when I would find that out.... and I never knew how I would feel about it. It was a big surprise when it actually came, but I feel good about it, and I am happy for her (: It's a weird realization though. 

So this is a short update.... but we had a lesson with Jack and it went pretty good. We are still working with him and things have gotten better a little bit, but he still kinda has the same attitude towards baptism, so we are working with him on that. 

but ALANA!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH! We had some AWESOME lessons with her this week! (: She wants to be baptized! We some really good lessons with her talking about why baptism is important, and how if she does get baptized, it will be an experience that she can only gain from. She really has nothing to lose! I found out that she fasts for 2 meals every fast Sunday as an 18 year old non member! She really is so solid. We have transfers next week, and we are pretty sure Elder Gray is leaving... And he wants to be here for her baptism, but we aren't sure if that will happen. So yeah! that's big news! We are soooooo happy (: we seriously feel so much joy from hearing about her desires! Please pray for her! she says that she feels something holding her back, but she doesn't know what it is, but we think it may be some kind of fear. Please pray for her! 

Oh, we did a service project this week and we power sanded a '57 Chevrolet 210! It was awesome (: until my sander broke.... so he had me take off the chrome bumper and a couple other parts of the car. It was soooo much fun! the bolts had been rusted for a LONG time... they were the original ones so they were tough to break but it was fun (: I really enjoyed it. We'll have to work on a car together when I get back dad ;)

Other than that not too much happened this week. I'm sorry for the short email! But thank you so much for all your love and support! I love and miss you all so much! 

Love,
Elder Teeples (:
Oh!!!!!! heres a picture of my sweet new bike (: I told you about how my other bike got stolen right? This is what the mission replaced me with... legit (:

No comments:

Post a Comment