Wednesday, September 10, 2014

I love Chinese!

Hello! (:

So... Crazy story for this week!: It happened last night. We had like 6 more minutes to walk around our apartment complex before going in at night, and we saw some Chinese people cooking food on their porch (they were on the second floor of the building) and we told them that it smelt good, and one of them said, "Come try?" So we went up, and another Chinese guy who spoke more english came out and invited us in. They gave us chopsticks, and a big chicken wing, and sat us down at their table They had soooo much food and soooo many people in their apartment! Apparently it was the "mid-autumn celebration" Then they placed this soup in front of us.. It was water that had dates, lotus seeds, and this clear leafy stuff in it.... It was somewhat bland, but after eating almost the whole thing, we asked what the clear leafy stuff was, and one of the Chinese people put it into a translator on his phone, and showed us. It was FUNGUS!! So that was a new experience... Then they gave us a brownie thing that had a dried out egg yolk cooked into the middle of it.... needless to say it was quite the experience. But we had good conversations the whole time with the Chinese people (: Elder Gerber and I were like teaching two different lessons. I have come to really like Chinse people! They are so humble and super nice. We are going to start teaching one of the YSA Chinese people we met last night (:

This week was really great! We were really busy with with some paperwork and also with preparing the stake report for our meeting with the stake presidency yesterday. So we didn't get too much done this week. The meeting went really well! It is so good to see that the stake has a lot of support towards our hopes and causes as leadership. 

This week we went on an exchange with Elder Lee and it was so great! He really set a good example for us on how to preach the gospel and talk to everyone at all times no matter what, even if it is super awkward. I used to be like that, but I seem to have gotten out of the habit. So Elder Gerber and I are doing our best to talk to everyone, no matter what happens. This was my 3rd exchange with Elder Lee, and I was so happy that I got to go on another exchange with him! He is so humble and he sets a great example. We have really become great friends, and he is from Lindon so he's not too far away (:

This week we saw Ryan a few times. He is so funny! At church he kept telling me that I "looked good for my age" and that he "likes my hair" haha. He didn't really want to come to church yesterday, but ended up coming anyways. We had some good lessons and he seems to be retaining a lot, and he is really progressing. 

We saw Alonso last night. Finally got a hold of him! He didn't come to church, but we are hoping to establish daily contact, so we don't lose contact with him again. 

Elder Gerber is doing awesome. I really love him as a companion. We are getting along really well! We have really good conversations, and he is helping me to start meditating (: Which is something I have really come to need. I need to learn to relax my body. I feel as if California is rubbing off on me in that aspect, of just being chill and hippy-like (: While being Christlike as well. My mission has been such a blessing to me! I love this Gospel and I absolutely love being able to share it with everybody that I can! Thank you for all your love and support! It truly is a blessing to me in my life, and I will forever be grateful for it (: You are in my prayers! Have a miraculous week! 

Love,
ElderTeeples 

No comments:

Post a Comment