Monday, May 13, 2013

It was so good to talk to the family yesterday!

This is the Bishop, his wife and me. They are awesome! The bishop is one of the nicest guys I know!

 This is Elder Haws and I. He is awesome!  He finished his mission last week. He was such a good example for me!

Brother Chamberlain and I. He is the ward mission leader. He has one of the nicest guitars I think I've ever seen! He is a great musician. We really connect a lot! And he buys us ice cream a lot (:
Hello!  It was so good talking to you and the rest of the family yesterday! It was such a stress reliever! It made me so glad to hear everyone is doing so good! (: Oh! and I just remembered yesterday that Luke's and Nathan's (Kyle's little brother) birthday are on the same day! Pretty cool (: 


So Elder Smith is from A place called Thatcher, Idaho. It's population is about 125 spread over about 10 miles.... Not really even a town... haha (: But he is a direct descendant of Hyrum Smith! So that is really cool! It is really weird... The side view of his face looks EXACTLY like Seth, Jeff's son.... It freaks me out. He is really good at explaining things to people. He puts everything really simply so that they can understand. I'm working on being better at that!

I really like the 2 Nephi 31:20 one! I also like Mosiah 28:3. That one is good! So either one of those. Thanks so much! [Scripture for the ward plaque.]

So we are still praying to soften Leroy's wife's heart!! Leroy really wants to be baptized, and he knows the Book of Mormon is true, but his wife doesn't like the idea of tithing... and she doesn't want to sit down to talk with us, so we are just praying that something will strike her heart, and that she will realize that Leroy is going down the right path!

We ate dinner at the Christianson's home a couple nights ago. They have 4 kids and they were out of control... It kind of reminded me of home haha (: Their kids were so funny!! 

We are teaching this part member family. The Mother and her now 19 year old son were baptized a long time ago, and were never really active. She got married to a guy named Tim McPherson about a year ago, and now they have a family of them and another 15 year old daughter. We are trying to get them to come to church and to read the Book of Mormon! Reading the Book of Mormon, praying about it, and coming to church is critical for the investigators to receive this message of the restored Gospel! 

This message that we bring really is unique.... but at the same time, most of our beliefs are a lot like most other people in the world. We have had multiple people tell us something like, "I'm just waiting for you guys to tell me something that is totally untrue, or weird... but so far we believe the same thing." There are some differences in our beliefs, but for the most part, most people believe in Jesus Christ the same as us. Some people will have skewed views on what we believe, but when we tell them that we believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, our savior and redeemer, and continue telling them about the restored Gospel, something about the message always softens their hearts... it's amazing! I know this Gospel is true, because whenever we bare testimony of it, the Holy Ghost carries our words straight to people's hearts and they can feel something different. I love it (: I'm so glad to be out here sharing this happiness with others! It is such a blessing!

Well I hope all is going well! Thank you so much for everything that you do! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!!!!! Talk to ya next week!!! Love you!

Love,
Elder Teeples

No comments:

Post a Comment