Monday, September 30, 2013

Enjoying getting to know the district missionaries better.

Hello Family!! This week went really good (: Last night was crazy... as part of being a district leader, I collect everybody's weekly numbers (how many lessons they taught, new investigators they found, etc) every Sunday. Last night I had write down and talk about the goals that they had set on how to be more consecrated missionaries and it took a long time! I was on the phone constantly, and writing everything down from 9 pm til 10:29... One minute before I had to go to bed! it was busy! But it was awesome being able to talk to all the members of the district and get to know them each a little better (: We have 3 sets of Sisters and on other set of Elders. It is great!

So this past Saturday, we went on exchanges with our ZLs and I was with Elder Kleinman. We visited Paula. It went alright, but I learned that choosing the right member to come to lessons with us is really important. We had a member come and the lesson was not focused and got off topic very frequently, unfortunately. We did our best, but the way the lesson turned out and how we came across was like we were being far too pushy, but I guess it went alright. Paula felt the spirit during the lesson and I guess that is all that matters. We were really determined to get her to church yesterday, or this coming week, but through distractions between her and the member present, we didn't accomplish what we wanted to.

We had an awesome lesson with Adam last night. He turned 18 a couple days ago. He is awesome (: I don't know if I mentioned it earlier, but he plays guitar really well and he showed us one of his songs that he wrote recently called "Evergreens" It was really cool! He expressed to us his desire of having a stable life before he moves forward in the church. He also has a desire to start coming to church regularly and to learn more about the church. We talked a little bit about baptism, and I felt prompted to go over the baptismal interview questions with him, so we went over them, and it seems that he hasn't actually prayed about Joseph Smith and having a current prophet on the earth, so we invited him to do so. He has such strong belief and faith in what he knows. We talked a little bit about the spirit world with him and he truly believes in that. His father passed away, and he believes very strongly that he is there. He is such a great guy! 

We went by a former investigator named Mike Dunn. He is awesome! He has said that he would be baptized, but his wife said that she would divorce him if he did.... bummer. so he decided to back off on it for a while. But we went over and talked to him about the Book of Mormon, and he is still very interested in it, so we invited him to read 3 Nephi 11-16, and to compare it to the sermon on the mount in Matthew. He thought that was really cool.

Elder Spencer and I are doing really good (: We are getting along and we are doing our best to further the work in our area. We are truly searching for those humble followers of Christ and we are praying that as we go about our days that we will be able to recognize them and bring them into the fold. It is more of a tough area, but we are doing our best!

During my studies this week, I studied the talk "The Character of Christ" by Elder Bednar. It is sooooo amazing! You should find it, and read it for FHE. It really just amazes me how selfless the Savior truly is. In all that He did and does now, He always turns outward to aid to other peoples' needs rather than focus on Himself. I want to strive to develop that kind of love and charity as the Savior has, and I feel like my mission has aided in that soooooo much! 

I don't have anymore time.... the emailing situation here is crazy, but I dont' have time to explain (: hahahah. But I hope all is well at home! You are in my prayers daily! Love and miss you (: 

love,
Elder Teeples

No comments:

Post a Comment