Monday, November 11, 2013

Elder Navarrete is doing great. I saw a HUGE dog and I attended a meeting with the Area Authority. Awesome.

Hello!!  This week went really good (: It's funny that you mention Alma 53. In our mission, one of our "theme" scriptures is Alma 53:20. Our whole mission is like based around that! It's so cool (: But it is so true!  There are soooo many parallels between missionary work and the strippling warriors. It's great to think about (: Oh! and thank you so much for the money! and I got the package! thank you so much (:
 
So! Something cool happened this week end. The leadership in the bottom half of the mission got to go listen to Elder Garnes, the area Seventy for this area, talk on leadership yesterday. It was awesome! Unfortunately I don't have my notes... but he talked a lot about loving the missionaries we serve and that is the best thing we can do for them, because no matter how hard hearted and unloveable they are, they can change from feeling God's love come through somebody else. He also talked a lot about faith and how God really does prepare a way to keep His commandments. It was all so good! I wish I had time to write more! but it was an amazing experience (: 
 
That is so crazy how Jax is getting his learners permit soon! and Joseph will be 6!! Ahh.... crazy. I have a package to send home with their presents, but the post office is closed today... but I will try to send it ASAP!
 
Our follow up appointment with the Peluso's went really good. We set him with a baptismal date of November 30th!! Woo! And he came to church yesterday! It was awesome (:  He is doing well and we have an appointment with him this Friday at the Bishop's home. We are really looking forward to that.
 
We found out that Linda Hu doesn't live in our ward boundaries... She lives in the Conejo Canyon ward. We talked with our leaders, and we are going to have a "hand-off" lesson at the church this week with the Elders from that ward.. That will be tomorrow. We are sad that we won't get to teach her anymore because we have come to love her so much... but while pondering and praying about this situation, Isaiah 55:8-9 came to my mind. God's ways truly are higher than ours, and His thoughts than our thoughts, so I know she is supposed to be in the Conejo Canyon ward for a reason, we will be blessed for obeying the rules. Although I may not see why that ward will be better for her (because what seems like her perfect fellowship lives in our ward), the Lord knows, and I trust that He will put her in the right hands. 
 
We taught our investigator Tom this week! We finally got a hold of him! We just stopped him on the street, and we talked to him briefly about the priesthood. The spirit was very strong! There was one point in our conversation where I said that I had seen miracles come from priesthood blessings that I had given he said that he got a lot of cold chills when I said that. It was so cool for me to see the Holy Ghost testify to him right there that what we were saying was true! testimony builder (: we are hoping to see him again soon.
 
We watched the Restoration video with Jared this week. We also read 2 Nephi 2 with him. It went really good! He really is an honest seeker of truth. We had kneeling prayer with him after the movie, and he said that he didn't feel anything... We promised him that if he is diligent in his reading and praying that he will come to know through the power of the Holy Ghost taht what we are teaching him is true. 
 
We had a really good lesson with a potential named Diana. She knew what the Book of Mormon was about because she studied about it a little in college when she was young, and she accepted one and said she'd read and pray about it! Yes! We are excited to follow up with her. (:
 
We went on exchanges with our ZLs this week. It was really good! Elder Wallace and I drove way out in the boonies... like seriously we thought we might have gone out of the mission (he didn't know the area too well...) but we ended up in the place in a canyon called Malibou Lakes. It was awesome there! It was away from the city, and everybody we talked to there was nice. It had an awesome vibe to it, just kinda like a forrest-like feel to it. There was a dog there that was soooooo big... it's head came up to my chest.. it was nuts!  I wish I served there all the time! But for now, I stick to the city I guess (: 
 
Elder Navarrete is doing well. He is adjusting more and more everyday. He expressed to me how he is actually having focused thoughts, rather than thinking of something else from his personal life. That made me so glad to hear! We are definitely working hard. I think your prayers have been helping a lot! So thank you so much (: But he is doing better and better. 
 
And for Christmas.... hmm.... I was thinking some music, but I don't know all the music I want.... there is a guy named Brandon Heathe and he is really good! He has a song called "The Harvester" and it is way good. I don't know what the album is called, but that CD would be a good one to have (: Maybe I'll have some more I can find to ask for for Christmas... but thank you so much for all that you do and all your love and support! You are in my thoughts and prayers daily (: I love and miss you!
 
Elder Teeples 

No comments:

Post a Comment