Monday, June 23, 2014

Moving to Thousand Oaks


Hello (:
 
So... Transfers are here already! Holy cow... So nuts how fast time goes by! I am getting transferred to Thousand Oaks! I'm sad, but excited at the same time. I've been in this ward here for 4 months! So crazy how fast time goes by! I am going to miss the ward and this area! But I hear Thousand Oaks is pretty nice (: It's a wealthier area, so we will see how it goes. It will be quite a bit warmer too, since it is more inland. Elder Bate will be staying here with an Elder named Elder Watts. They'll have fun!
 
So we performed our musical number! It went really well (: It was a mash up of Nearer, My God, To Thee,  Guide Me to Thee (number 101) and Lean on My Ample Arm (number 120) and it was really good! I'll have to show you the video of it after my mission (: President actually requested that we play that number for transfer meeting tomorrow. We are excited!
 
Eric came to church this week! I am sad that I won't be able to continue teaching him... but he connected with a lot of the members in the ward. He is hilarious! Meeting him and teaching him for this short time has been a great experience. He let me borrow one of his ties to wear for today haha. We had a couple really good lessons with him and he seems really sincere of learning, so I'm sure he will progress.
 
A couple days ago we were walking through a couple apartment buildings in Camarillo and we had a feeling to walk in a certain direction, so we did and we ran into this lady named Nicole and her friend Krista. They each had young children, and Nicole was like "I've actually been wanting to talk with you guys! I want to know what it is that you do, and how you do it." Haha so we spent the next hour or so telling her about what we do, and about the Restoration (: It was great. We referred her onto the Sisters in her area.
 
But I'm doing good! I am healthy and I am doing well (: A little sad that I'm being transferred... but hey, what do ya do? A cool quote our President shared with us was "When we are no longer able to change a situation... we are challenged to change ourselves." So true! Thank you so much for all your love, support and prayers! Love and miss you (: Have a great week!
 
Elder Teeples!



The first one is a picture of Elder Gregory, one of the Elders we live with currently. He is hilarious! We walked into our apartment at like 9:20 pm one night and this is what I saw on the couch (:

No comments:

Post a Comment