Sunday, June 1, 2014

Happy Memorial Day!

Helloooooo (:

I'm a little short on time this week, being Memorial Day! The public library where we usually email is closed.... so we have member here at the family history center and we are trying not to keep her for long. (: I had totally forgotten about the family reunion! I sure took those for granted before my mission. I had a great time playing guitar/piano at the youth center in Richfield (: and the sawdust... good stuff. 

So! This week was great! We got a hold of a less active named Arjay that we have been trying to contact forever! But we got an appointment with him last week and we have one with him tonight (: we are excited for it! He was baptized in the ward I was in in Newbury Park a couple years ago. 

We set our investigator Joseph with a baptismal date of July 4th! In my head I thought that would be a Saturday... but it's a Friday. and baptisms usually happen on Saturday, so we are going to discuss it with him. But Joseph is so great! He read Mosiah 1-4 and he LOVED King Benjamin. He was talking all about it, and we asked him how he has applied it to his life and he was like, "I find myself wanting to be around my friends more just so I can serve them! and I want to be at work more so I can serve the people there." Ahhhhh! We are just trying to commit him to come to church, which is hard for him, because he works the night shift on the weekend at his work. 

We had a great lesson with our investigator, Allie. that was the one where the member, Margi, asked if we would teach her and her friend the lessons. She seemed to be a lot more attentive this week to the lesson and was a lot more open to it. We talked about the first half of the Plan of Salvation and she seemed to take it in pretty well. However, she lives in Ventura, so technically the other set of Elders in the YSA ward are supposed to be teaching her, so we are going to be handing her off soon. We have just been teaching her and Margi at the church.... so that's a bummer. Oh well! 

We went by what I thought was a less active, named Eliana. We caught her home and found out that she wasnt a member! Sweet (: I guess her mom has just been investigating for like 20 years.... super crazy. But yeah we are trying to set something up with her this week. 

We also saw a lot of opposition this week... A lot of people trying to tell us that we were wrong, that we believe in a different Jesus, etc.... all this garbage. it's so amazing to me how this opposition just comes in waves. But it also surprises me that everytime we do come across a "basher" it causes me to really think, and it causes doubts. Which I have found to be a good thing! It has really helped me to realize that the Book of Mormon is either true, or it is not. Period. It is either of God, or it is not. And each time we face opposition I always reflect to the scriptures I read in the Book of Mormon when I first, I guess, sparked my testimony, which were sections of Alma 32 and 2 Nephi 4. I know that the Book of Mormon is from God. It helps us come closer to Christ. Even if I saw and handled the golden plates, I would not have as strong as a testimony today if I didn't feel what I felt when I read those scriptures. People can try to persuade somebody that they didn't see what they saw, or heard what they heard, but they will never be able to take away the feeling in my heart that I can always reflect on, which I have now come to know that is the spirit. The Book of Mormon is true. I know that with all my heart. 

How's that for a mini sermon? (:

We found a couple other new investigators this week ad we are excited to follow up with them this week! One of them was last night in a member's home. He had us over for dinner and invited his friend and it went soooooo good! Member missionary work is the way to go! That is where we see the most success!

Thank you for all your love, support and prayers! I can feel them each and every day! You are always in my thoughts and prayers! love and miss you lots!

Elder Teeples (: 
 Show message history

No comments:

Post a Comment