Monday, December 15, 2014

Last Transfers...I'm staying in the same ward to finish my mission (just different stake)!!! Yeah!

Hello (: 

   Transfer calls came last Saturday!!!!!!! I need a drumroll!!!!!!!.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.' I'm getting transferred to Newbury Park to be a zone leader there!!! And the Newbury Park zone leaders serve in the same ward as we've been in!!!! :D (because the YSA ward covers both the Thousand Oaks and Newbury Park stakes) That was such a tender mercy to know that I'll be staying in the same ward for the next 6 weeks! Such a blessing! So that was exciting (: My new companion will be Elder Driggs. I've never served around him, but I've met him a couple times and he sounds great! This was a great week! Elder Moser and I just had a blast serving together for this last week! We worked really hard, and we did our best. I love this ward! And it seems like the work is going great on the other side of the ward (Newbury Park area). Elder Miller and Elder Law (the Elders that have been in Newbury Park) have been working really hard, so that will be much appreciated when Elder Driggs and I get there. (: 

   The area is so good! We had a couple really good lessons this week. We had a few with Dee, which were just great! Saturday was sooo amazing! Dee's baptism went so well!. It was one of the best baptisms that I have been to! So many people showed up that we had to move the service into the chapel rather than the room the font was in. It all flowed so smoothly, which was really good. The spirit was super strong and she bore her testimony at the end, which was amazing (: Also on Saturday, Alana and Sister Hartkop took us out to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch! I got like a 2 pound breakfast burrito. It was good being able to spend some time with them! Then after the baptism (which was at 3) we went out with Dee, and her boyfriend's family to dinner at Woodranch Grill. It was sooooo good! We got spoiled on Saturday (: Part of that family was one of the main screen writers of Despicable Me 1 & 2, Horton Hears a Who, and many other movies. It's so crazy "rubbing shoulders" with those kind of people all the time in this area.  We also had a great Restoration lesson with these two girls that we met on Moorpark college campus a while ago. A member was with us, and Elder Moser and I thought that we were able to teach really simply to them, and they really understood it. Jordan, one of the girls, has been reading the Book of Mormon and has made some good progress. We also had an amazing lesson with a less active named Brandon. He is bipolar and has schizophrenia and a couple other psychological disorders, and we was in a depression state. We talked about the hope we can have in Christ, and how that hope is always there. Then he asked for a blessing, and it was so amazing! He was having really bad anxiety before the blessing, and as we placed our hands on his head I could feel him shaking and his teeth chattering. As the blessing went on the shaking and teeth chattering gradually ceased. By the end of the blessing he wasn't shaking nearly at all. That was a huge testimony strengthener to me! The priesthood is so powerful if we simply have faith in our Savior Jesus Christ. 

    We were able to help out the Catholic church set up for one of their Christmas events for service this week! It was really good, and it seemed like they really appreciated our service. They were very kind to us and it felt so good to help out! We weren't able to stop in and see the event, but I think it went good. I love doing service, it always makes me feel so good! 
   Thank you so much for all your love and support! Thank you for the letter (: I got it in the middle of this week, and it made me happy. You're in my prayers! Have a great week! Talk to you soon! 


Love,
Elder Teeples
That is before Dee's baptism, and her boyfriend, Shane, baptized and confirmed her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment