Monday, February 25, 2013

California is GREEN

Hello!! California is great!! It is soooooooooooo green here!!! But yet, it is still a bit chilly.... dang. I am currently in Santa Maria!!!!! That is my first area (: We are in the 3rd ward in the Santa Maria stake. It reminds me a lot of our ward! A lot of nice people!! What wards/areas did Chris and Jeff serve in?? My flight went great!! Definitely a way cool experience!! And yes, we got to go to the mission home and meet the mission pres.! He is awesome! My trainer is awesome! He kind of looks/reminds me of Bradon in a way... he's way nice and easy to get along with! We have a lot in common! Haha and yes, I got to teach a lesson in church yesterday... that is a wonderful way to start out my mission!!! haha but it went well!
 
Aww. ): Grace was a good car. Hopefully Norman (The white car) can be as good as Grace in the snow.... Grace was a beast in the snow!!!!

Do we know an Ed Teeples?? apparently he was a bishop here in Santa Maria for the 2nd ward... EVERYBODY asks me if I know him haha. but I think they all said he moved to Utah?? Maybe he is the one who lives in Orem!

Just a side note... I am currently 160 pounds, and NOT dropping... wonderful....

Anyways... That's good to hear everything is good at home!! hopefully dad gets feeling better soon... And I think I have acquired his motivation. It is SSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard for me to get up at 6:30 and exercise for 30 minutes!! Elder Dopp (My companion) and I actually went high jumping this morning at the high school by our apartments! It was fun!

But I'm so glad Justin and Colleen got sealed!! that's awesome! and definitely send me pictures (: and yes, that would be nice!!!!!

Oh, and I don't know if you heard, but they announced 58 NEW MISSIONS!!! Awesome!!!!!!! and one of those missions is an area from MY mission that is being split off into it's own mission, which is the California Bakersfield mission. So it is possible that I might start off in the California Ventura mission, and come back from the California Bakersfield mission!! Cool Eh? (: I'll send what the mission pres. said about it.



"The First Presidency recently announced the creation of 58 new missions in order to accommodate the influx of new missionaries. One of the new missions to be created as a result of this historic announcement is the “California Bakersfield Mission.” This is exciting news and further confirmation that “the field is [indeed] white already to harvest” in this part of the world.
"This announcement means that the current boundaries of the Ventura Mission will be realigned to form the new Bakersfield Mission. As far as which missionaries will serve in the Bakersfield Mission and which missionaries will remain in the Ventura Mission, that determination will be made through revelatory direction from the Lord, whose work this is, during the June 17th transfer. At that transfer, those missionaries serving in areas within the new boundaries of the Ventura Mission will remain assigned to the Ventura Mission, and those missionaries serving within the new Bakersfield Mission boundaries will be permanently assigned to the Bakersfield Mission under the jurisdiction of a new mission president on July 1, 2013."

Pretty cool huh!! Well update me on things!! I will talk to you next week!!

Love, Elder Teeples

1 comment:

  1. I came across this from google. I am Ed Teeples and do currently live in Orem and cherish my time as bishop in the second ward. I am thrilled for you. Keep serving with all your heart. Ed Teeples

    ReplyDelete