Monday, October 14, 2013

Loved Loved Loved Conference....exclamation point!

Hello!

So Elder Spencer had a doctors appointment for his foot this morning, and it went waaayyy over, so I have even less time this week, but I will write as much as I can (:

So this past Friday and Saturday were SOOOOOO windy. Not the windiest day I've ever seen, but for California it was super windy. So the wind caused a bunch of dust to stir up in the air, which caused Paula's Asthma to rile up.... so all Saturday she was coughing like crazy and she didn't feel well enough to come to the building for conference.... sad ): But conference was sooooo good wasn't it?! I loved it! My two favorite talks were the two by Pres. Uchtdorf (: they both hit home for me. So awesome! But we wont receive the conference ensign til the beginning of next month... It takes a while to get to us ha. 

We had a really good lesson with Jarred . He is doing really well. We read part of Ether 12 with him and it went really good. He was way interested in reading the story of the Brother of Jared and the 16 stones, so he is going to read Ether 3 and we are going to discuss it with him. We are also going to talk to him about praying and fasting that his wife's heart will be softened toward Christianity. It should be a good lesson with him this next week!

We had a couple really cool lessons with new people this week. It was really cool, because they were both random drop-by lessons at 8:30 pm, and around here NOTHING happens past 8 o clock. Like literally. Every bodies houses are dark when 7:45 comes around, and most people are mad that you knock on their door around 7:30. It's nuts! and It's starting to get dark around like 6-6:30 here. Anyways one of them was a guy named Scott. We were using the restroom in a gas station after we filled up one night, and he was just talking to me while he was waiting in line to buy something, and he said to come by and gave me his address. Sweettt! (: So we went by Friday night and taught him the restoration. It went really well! He is way chill. 

Then we stopped by a potential investigator the next night, and we caught his sister at home around 8:30, and we were able to tell her a little about the Book of Mormon and invited her to read and pray about it. It was awesome! She was so shocked that we weren't able to watch TV ( she was watching "The Big Bang Theory" at the time), get on the internet, etc. for two years! Haha it's always funny to see people's reaction to that (: 

I had something really cool to tell you.... but I can't remember right now for the life of me. Maybe later today if I rmember I will write it home (: haha. Well, I hope all is going well at home! Thank you so much for all the you do and for all your love and support (: it really makes me feel so loved! And thank you so much for your lovely remarks in your email! (I skimmed over it breifly (: ) I'm definitely doing my best as a missionary! I wouldn't be the missionary I am without your amazing influence in my life! Thank you so much for all that you do (: I love and miss you!!!

Love,
Elder Teeples 

No comments:

Post a Comment