Monday, October 14, 2013

We found a new investigator! Awesome!


Hello!

This week was great! Yeah, that was Brother Merrill that called you. Ha we talked a little bit at church yesterday, and got a couple pictures! Nice guy (: 

This week we got a new investigator named Tom!!! AHHH!! My first new investigator in Newbury Park! He is great! We were walking around an apartment complex while Elder Jones was with me on an exchange. We found him, and he was using a walker (it looked like he had been in an accident of some sort...) told him all about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith and he was so interested. He is a recently-converted Christian, so he had been wondering why God hadn't called another prophet recently. It was great! He is soooo humble and soooo prepared. It was just so amazing how we found him and how we crossed paths! One minute earlier, or one minute later, we would have missed him!

Sister Teal came to church this past week!! Apparently her baby was supposed to be blessed, but.... it didn't happen... and we don't really know why. So we think it is going to be blessed next week. But Sister Teal is married to a member and she has been taught for while now, but I haven't been able to teach her, cause their how has been under complete remodeling for the past month or so, and won't be done for a couple weeks. They are living at her mother's house in Moorpark. We had the opportunity of teaching the Gospel Essentials class and we talked about charity. Bro. and Sis. Teal were both there and they gave a lot of input. It was a really good lesson.  So it was good to be able to meet and teach her! 

This week in my studies, I studied the talk Safety for the Soul by Elder Holland. It always gives me chills and brings the spirit everytime I hear/read the conviction in his voice! So powerful. It really is so amazing that Joseph Smith was willing to die for this cause, just because he knew it was true. Same with his brother Hyrum. That is a huge testimony builder for me that I know this Gospel is true, because they were so ready and willing to sacrifice everything for it. They sealed their testimonies with their blood!


So a cool miracle happened this week. We were over in a far away part of our area, and we were just about to leave the area, when I had a super strong prompting to go see a lady in an apartment complex (Which by the way are MASSIVE here) in that area. And I almost ignored it!!!!!! But I didn't (: So I got out of the lane that entered the free-way, and we made a huge loop to get to the apartment complex, and we were walking through the buildings to get to the lady's apartment, and we see a lady walk out on her balcony, and she started waving at us. It took us a second to figure out who she was, but we found out that it was a less active member that we had been trying to contact for a couple weeks now. So we went to her door and started talking to her, and she said that she had walked out on her balcony wondering if we were going to stop by that day, and there we were! She wanted to tell us why she hadn't been there when we came by (cause aparently her son lives there, and he just never answered the door). So that was awesome (:

And I was just informed that Britney Spears, Will Smith, Justin Beiber, and many other celebs live WITHIN my ward boundaries.... cool huh? (: 

So yeah this week was really good! We didn't get to see Paula or Jarred this week... but We are seeing them next week (: thank you for  all that you do! I love and miss you tons! I hope school gets easier eventually! 

soooo this week, we recieved a sticker to put on our license plate for registration in the mail from the mission office, and.... we lost the envelope.... no bueno. We prayed, and searched every where for it, but it is no where to be found... So we had to drive to the DMV and I had to buy a replacement Sticker for 20 bucks... so I used my mission card, and I don't have very much left on it for the rest of the month.. I think I have around 10 dollars.... so... If it's not too big of a hassle, some money on my personal card for food wouldn't be too bad (: Thank you! and for Christmas.... I'm not sure what I want.... I'll have to ponder and pray about it ;) A car, ipod, and laptop when I get back? haha Jk. I'll think of something! Thank you so much (:
 Love,
Elder Teeples 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment