Monday, December 16, 2013

His grace IS sufficient!

Hello (:

Well this week Elder Gray was sick... so not too much happened this week. Elder Gray is still sick and he called Dr. Skanky (our mission's physician) and he said he should be resting for another 2 or 3 days. I'm really hoping he gets better soon! The apartment can get rather boring at times (:  But!! I got lucky this week! I am allowed to have a guitar (: Cause I was asked to give a special musical number in our missions Christmas devotional this week, so I have been practicing for that! So being stuck in the apartment wasn't too miserable (: but this week did go by pretty slow... but that's alright! My knee is doing good. It feels a little bit better, but still shifts when I bend it. And there is more 'give' on one side of my knee when I squat down. So I have my docs appointment on wednesday, so I'll keep ya posted.

We were able to see Jack Genchi this week. The visit we had with him was a lot better than the one we had last week. He is still set for his date on the 4th of January. As far as we know he is reading and praying everyday! So that's good (: We are really praying for him! We really think he is just stressed right now. All his life he has been telling people that he is going to be baptized when he is 18, and now that he is 18, he is just now realizing that he has to make that decision. I think we just really need to help him realize that he wont really have to change that much from what he is doing now. He is living all the standards of the church just as good, if not better, than any other member. We have a dinner appointment with him and his family tomorrow, so I'll let you know how that goes!

I was able to go on splits with Elder Kanenwisher an elder from the 2nd ward, and we went and saw Tristan, one of our investigators. I guess Elder Gray and Elder Payne had been just stopping by [seeing] him and his girlfriend pretty casually, and we were able to give him a Book of Mormon that night. He said that he wasn't much of a reader, but he seemed like he would look into it.

Last night I was able to go on splits with Elder Hortin, the other Elder from the 2nd ward, and we went to see Alana Hartkop. We had a really good visit with her, and we started talking about baptism and if she has thought about being baptized. She started expressing her concern of having an active, member mother and a non-member father was hard for her, and then at that moment some family came in the door and the subject changed.. and we weren't able to discuss that again with her last night. ): but we are really working with her to get her towards getting baptized.

During this week I was able to study quite a bit, due to my companion being sick. I studied a lot about the grace of Jesus Christ, and how Jesus Christ doesn't make up the difference, but rather he makes up ALL the difference. It's so interesting to think of it that way. He has done us an nonreturnable favor, and in return all he asks us to do is to follow him and keep his commandments. We truly are so blessed in our lives to feel of that grace! A good Sunday tape to listen to is by Brad Wilcox - His Grace is Sufficient. Did I already suggest that one to you?? It is a reallllllyyyy good one!

So yeah... That's what happend this week (: I'll let you know how my docs appointment goes! thank you so much for all your love and prayers! They are definitely being felt (: I love and miss you! Talk to you soon!

Love,
Elder Teeples (:

No comments:

Post a Comment