Monday, December 30, 2013

Got some sweet gifts and loving the spirit of Christmas!

me and all my presents
Hello (: 

I hope you had a most wonderful Christmas! It was soooooooo good to talk to you and the rest of the family! This Christmas really was a great one! I really got into the spirit of giving rather than recieving. I gave one thing away, and it made me feel good, and so I gave something else away, and it made me feel even better, so I just started giving things away that I didn't really need to some people who would enjoy it more (: It really is so amazing how good serving others made/makes me feel! I don't know what it is, but I LOVE doing yard work! I love doing service for others (: It makes me so happy! hopefully that attitude will stay with me when I come home in a little over a year ;) hahahah. but yeah, we got taken care of reeeeeeeaaaaaaallllllllyyyyy well by the ward. We are so blessed by them! 

Thank you so much for the money (: it really means so much to me! and thank you to Grandma and Grandpa C for the money as well! I love you! (: 

So this week was good! We were able to talk to Jack. We talked to him about baptism and what his thoughts were on it. He told us that he doesn't want to be baptized anymore... It made us really sad to hear, but I really think he is just going through a phase that will pass hopefully sooner rather than later. I think he wants to go try "the world" before he gets baptized and we are going to talk to him about that. Any thoughts or ideas on how we can help him?? 

Alana came to church this Sunday, and we were able to visit with them this past Friday. She went to a baptism the Spanish branch had and she said she really enjoyed it. We are really trying to work with her to get her progressing towards baptism. She really is so great, and I can see the light of Christ in her! She wants to do what is right, we just need to get on the same page with her. 

We have decided to read the Book of Mormon with Ian. He hasn't ever kept that commitment, so we decided to read with him, and it was really good! He had a lot of questions that we were able to answer, and we think he understood it for the most part. That is what we plan on doing with him everytime we visit him now. Hopefully he will feel the spirit from it and feel motivation from it to read on his own! 

We talked with Kim yesterday. She is going through some really hard times..... Like really, it hurt my heart to hear about her trials and to see how humble she is. We talked to her and she mentioned that she was planning on her boyfriend taking the lessons, but they have had the flu the past couple days so she is waiting for that to pass. She is still planning on coming back to church and we were overjoyed to hear that! I can't remember where I heard it, I think it's a scripture? But it talks about how when one soul repenteth, there are many angels in the heavens that rejoice, and that is how I felt! I love seeing people change their lives for the better (: 

I went on exchanges with Elder Hortin this week. He is a really good Elder! He is from Walsburg, UT, which is up Provo Canyon on the way to Heber. He knows his area really well, and we were able to have a really cool experience with a lady named Nanette! She is going through some hard times in her life, and we planned her for a certain time of the day, and we were able to make it to her home right at that time, and she said right at the moment we knocked on her door, she was really over stressed and needed somebody to talk to. It was a really cool experience! We were able to share scriptures to comfort her. It was a really good day (: 

I hope everything is going well at home! I'll be really looking forward to hearing from you next week! You are in my thoughts and prayers always (: I love and miss you so much! Talk to you soon!

Elder Teeples (:
Attached, a picture of me and my comp (finally (: ) 


and remember the souls taht you put into my Doc Martins last year?? yeahhhh (: I walked through them pretty good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment