Monday, March 24, 2014

Desiree's getting baptized this Saturday!!!

Helloooooo!
 
This week was GREAT!
 
So to start off, with some awesome news, Elder Nelson (yes, one of the 12 apostles!!!) will be visiting our mission next month on the 19th and will be speaking to our entire mission!!!!! Holy hot dogs I'm soooooooooo stoked!!!!! I forwarded the email to you about that announcement (: AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I'm so excited! Pray for me that I will prepare well to receive revelation (: We found that out during zone conference and that was great. We focused a lot on the Book of Mormon and it's role in gathering Israel. So it was really great (:
 
But this week went really good! We had a couple really good lessons with Desiree! To see the change in her truly is amazing. She has always been nervous to say a prayer out loud, but on Saturday she got interviewed for baptism and she said a vocal prayer before the interview with us and her friend Vanessa! It was great (: She did really well on her interview and she is set to be baptized this Saturday! She already has everything planned out haha she wants me to confirm her (: I'm way excited for that!
 
We also had a really good lesson with Nichole! We had a ward member come with us and she shared a way cool experience that she had! So she has gone to the family ward here in Camarillo a couple times for church, but she had never been to the YSA and she didn't know of any friends she had that went to our ward. So before she came in the building last week she prayed to Heavenly Father (She is very religious and has a good relationship with the Lord) and asked that she would feel clarity and peace if this is where she was supposed to be. So we sat by her during sacrament and at the very end of sacrament meeting, our bishop felt inspired to get up and share a few thoughts. He said something along the lines of "I've talked to a lot of you and I know some of your struggles and challenges, and I feel inspired to let you know that everything will be okay." and at that moment she felt that clarity and peace she was looking for. So that was super cool (: She really is sincerely searching for the "complete" truth in a church.
 
I'm so happy to be a missionary! It's so crazy to me that I have already been out for..... wow 14 months now. At least the number of months I have left is still 2 digits (: Haha. It doesn't even feel real! All this is going by so fast! I feel like after my mission I will feel like I wasn't even gone. I feel like my mission will seem like a dream... So crazy. Time is going by fast. It truly is such a blessing to be serving the Lord with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. Missionary work definitely is hard work, and I believe it was meant to be hard, because if it weren't, no growth would take place in the hearts of any missionaries. I'm so humbled and so grateful for the chance that I have had so far to serve the Lord with all I have, and I'm excited to see just what these next 10 months have in store for me. It's so amazing to see the change that has taken place in my spirit. I have learned to trust in the Lord and to desire his trust in me, which leads me to have a true desire to be obedient to His commandments. Thank you so much for you and dad's example to me! Thank you for all your love, prayers and support!
 
So those were the big things that happened this past week. It was a good week (: I'll make sure to take pictures of the baptism! I hope all is well back home. I love and miss you a lot! I'm glad to hear you are doing well in your classes [mom]. (: Keep up your good work. You are continually in my thoughts and prayers along with the rest of the fam! Have a great week (:
 
Elder Teeples!

No comments:

Post a Comment