Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Best Week Ever!

Hola! (:

This week was soooooooo great! Ben got married on Friday, baptized on Saturday, and confirmed yesterday!! It was such a great experience! It all went so smoothly, our ward mission leader was such a huge help, and we couldn't have done it without him! He truly is the best ward mission leader ever! So helpful in everything. Ben is doing great and he said that he felt "glory" when he came up out of the water. He had a lot of his Asian friends come with him to his baptism and to his confirmation at church yesterday! It was such a cool experience finally seeing him make that step! Elder Garns, the area seventy for this area, was at our sacrament meeting and he stood in on Ben's comfirmation. All in all, it was just a lot of tender mercies from the Lord all right in a row. (:

Ryan came to church yesterday as well. We had a lesson with his mom this past week, and she let us know that her therapist told her to not make any big family decisions until next year... So since we are treating Ryan as a minor, we have to do as she asks, but we are going to see if we can maybe dig a little deeper on that, if the spirit directs. So we are going to move his baptismal date to next summer. 

We spent a lot of time this week working on goals for the zone to work on, and we put a lot of thought and prayer into them. It took up a lot of time, but we feel really good about them! We also met with William, the guy who came to church not yesterday, but last week. We are excited to start working with him! 

Elder Gerber is so great! I'm so glad that we are staying together for another transfer! We really work well together I feel, and we get along, which is great. We've become really good friends, and we are unified in most things, which is great. He is very humble in seeking out the Lord's way in all things, which is something I need to work on. He is a great leader! 

This week, my testimony was strengthened a lot. During one morning of studies, I was meditating and I took a "trip" into my premortal life, traveling through my life in reverse until I got there. It was a really cool experience, and I even imagined myself there supporting, in spirit, dad while he was on his mission during the hard times he might have had. It really made the premortal life feel more real, which was a really cool experience. 
I'm still working with President Felix on my departure date. I'll let you know as soon as i know! Have a wonderful week (: Talk to you soooooon! Love and miss you! 
Elder Teeples!





No comments:

Post a Comment